At 5:00 PM today, May 28, the full content of blogs.rice.edu will be frozen in read-only mode in preparation for the migration to CampusPress by EduBlogs.
The new environment is a cloud solution with a robust WordPress platform including many popular themes, plug-ins, widgets and other features. Details on the new features can be found in http://about.blogs.rice.edu.
Over the weekend of May 29-31, the full contents of blogs.rice.edu will be frozen as read-only and moved into the new CampusPress environment.
What you can expect during the migration:
- Content is still visible to your readers
- Content is frozen in read-only mode (can't be edited during migration)
- For emergency content updates, contact the Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.348.4357.
- The new platform will retain the previous domain names (ex: about.blogs.rice.edu is still correct after the migration)
- The old Rice blogs platform will be renamed oldblogs.rice.edu and content archived “as is" (ex: about.oldblogs.rice.edu is the archive copy)
Thank you for your patience as we prepare your blogs.rice.edu content for its new home.