IT DIY contains "how-to" instructions or tutorials that Rice students, faculty and staff can use to fix or set up computer, email, network, print and other IT-related systems, applications, or issues. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Applications and Software
- Email Management
- Google Calendar
- Mobile Devices
- Network (wired and wireless)
- Security for your data, devices, identity
- VPN (connect to Rice network from off-campus)
Contact the OIT Help Desk.
OIT Announcements - addto create
Blog: McNair Hall network upgrade complete.
Oct 07, 2015
Blog: McNair Hall network access switch upgrade 0430 Wednesday 07 Oct 2015
Oct 06, 2015
Blog: Campus wide power blip
Oct 06, 2015
Blog: McNair Hall OIT Closet 355 upgrade on Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 at 0430 AM
Oct 02, 2015
Blog: Rice Memorial Hermann - Planned Network Upgrade complete
Sep 30, 2015
Instructions to create an OIT Alert blog post
Other IT Web Sites
- it.rice.edu/- IT services, tools, and applications supported at Rice.
- vpit.rice.edu/ - IT organization, policies and procedures, initiatives, innovation, and IT news and events.
- market.rice.edu/ - Rice-specific discounts for tech purchases; also includes hardware requirements for new computer purchases.