IT DIY contains "how-to" instructions or tutorials that Rice students, faculty and staff can use to fix or set up computer, email, network, print and other IT-related systems, applications, or issues. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Applications and Software
- Email Management
- Google Calendar
- Mobile Devices
- Network (wired and wireless)
- Security for your data, devices, identity
- VPN (connect to Rice network from off-campus)
Contact the OIT Help Desk.
OIT Announcements - addto create
Blog: Campus Power Outage Status - All Clear
yesterday at 06:00 PM
Blog: Campus Power Outage - Status
yesterday at 04:39 PM
Blog: Large-scale Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) impact cloud providers
yesterday at 12:39 PM
Blog: Tudor Fieldhouse and Brochstein Pavilion wireless network maintenance complete.
Oct 20, 2016
Blog: Tudor Fieldhouse and Brochstein Pavilion wireless network maintenance will begin at 0500
Oct 20, 2016
Instructions to create an OIT Alert blog post
Other IT Web Sites
- it.rice.edu/- IT services, tools, and applications supported at Rice.
- vpit.rice.edu/ - IT organization, policies and procedures, initiatives, innovation, and IT news and events.
- market.rice.edu/ - Rice-specific discounts for tech purchases; also includes hardware requirements for new computer purchases.