1) Go to https://www.globusonline.org/SignUp and create a globus online account.
2) Once the account is set up and you are logged in, click on your user id on the top right and then click on "manage identities"
3) Select "Add External Identity" and for the account provider select "InCommon/CILogon"
4) On the CILogon page choose "Rice University" as your identity provider
5) On the Rice page enter your netid and password and you're done
To test it out, log out of globus online, then go to https://www.globusonline.org/SignIn and select "alternate login" and choose "InCommon/CILogon" or go directly to https://www.globusonline.org/SignIn#provider=cilogon.org Click proceed and on the Rice page enter your netid and password and you should be logged into globus online.