To get started please read the quick start guides on https://www.globus.org/
To utilize your netID credentials with globus please do the following:
- Go to https://www.globusonline.org/SignUp and create a globus online account.
- Once the account is set up and you are logged in, click on your user id on the top right and then click on "manage identities"
- Select "Add External Identity" and for the account provider select "InCommon/CILogon"
- On the CILogon page choose "Rice University" as your identity provider
- On the Rice page enter your netid and password and you're done
To test it out, log out of globus online, then go to https://www.globusonline.org/SignIn and select "alternate login" and choose "InCommon/CILogon" or go directly to https://www.globusonline.org/SignIn#provider=cilogon.org Click proceed and on the Rice page enter your netID and password and you should be logged into globus online.